- Hits: 563
Call for papers
National Conference on Library and Information Science (NACLIS 2017) is a platform for sharing research findings and knowledge of library and information professionals from different sectors in Sri Lanka. This conference will be hosted by Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA) to enable the young researchers and librarians who march towards sustainable development goals through library and information services.
One of the important objectives of the conference is to materialize the concept and proposals in the real world context with possible level of novel technology embedded in the library sector. We cordially invite contributions as extended abstract or full papers from library professionals and researchers from Sri Lanka. Deadline for submission of papers on or before 15th March, 2017.
Contributors are encouraged to submit their works on the following tracks, but not limited to:
- Information Literacy
- Social Interaction and Impact of Information
- Mobile Apps and Libraries
- Embedded Librarianship
- Open Access Publishing
- Big data, metadata and linked data (data science)
- Use of Open-Source Tools in Information Services
- Scholarship of Librarianship
- Knowledge Management in Libraries
- Outreach Services to Marginalized Communities
- Documentation of Indigenous Knowledge & Cultural Heritage
- Professional Ethics & Accountability of Librarianship
Submission of Paper
Contributors should adhere to the guidelines appearing on the website (www.slla.org.lk) to prepare their manuscripts.
- Deadline for Submission of full paper/extended abstracts: 15th February, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 31st March, 2017
- Deadline to submit camera ready paper: 19th April, 2017
- Early bird registration starts on: 31st March, 2017
- Late registration starts on: 06th May, 2017
- Last date of registration: 19th June, 2017
- Conference day: 29th June 2017
It will be notified later
Guideline for Authors
All submitted manuscripts must be original work that is not under submission at another conference/journal/book or under consideration for publication in any other form.Authors have to follow the instructions and format outlined below while submitting their research paper:
- Title: Title of the paper shall explicitly indicate the focus of the research work. Following the title, please include the name, affiliation, and email.
- Abstract: Abstract should be informative and not more than 200 wordsfor full papers.
- Keywords: There should be maximum 6 keywords, of which at least three significant subject indicative keywords shall be provided.
- Length of Manuscript: Maximum length of the manuscript should be between 4000-6000 words (not more than ten pages of A4 size paper). Extended abstracts can be drafted with a word count not more than 2000 words.
- Style: The paper shall be in MS-Word format with font type – Times New Roman, font size –12 pts, and line space – 1.5. For Sinhala use FM Abhaya and for Tamil language use Bamini or Baamini.
- Medium of Manuscripts: The manuscripts can be accepted in Sinhala, Tamil and English. Those who wish to submit their articles in Sinhala or Tamil, should attach a separate abstract in English.
- Referencing Style: Authors are advised to strictly adhere to APA (American Psychological Association) 6th edition style for both in-text citation and reference list.
Acceptance of Paper
Papers submitted will be subject to open-peer review by the Editorial Committee, and sent to a double-blind peer review by a panel of experts. Papers will also be subject to anti-plagiarism check, thus any paper that infringe the intellectual property rights will be rejected. Only the accepted papers will be published.
The authors are required to submit the declaration stating that the work is original and not submitted/published elsewhere through copy right form, which can be downloaded from the conference site (www.slla.org).
Details will be notified later
Convener / NACLIS 2017
Sri Lanka Library Association